Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The New Covenant

"Behold, the days are coming", declares the LORD, "when I will make a NEW COVENANT with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with her fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they BROKE, though I was their husband," declares the LORD. "But this is the COVENANT I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD: "I will put my law WITHIN them, and I will write it on their HEARTS. And I will be their GOD and they will be MY PEOPLE....For I will FORGIVE their iniquity, and I will remember their sins NO MORE."
Jeremiah 31:31-34b

"And they will say, 'This land that was desolate has become like a GARDEN OF EDEN, and the waste, and desolate, and ruined cities are now fortified and inhabited.' Then the nations that are left all around you shall know that I AM LORD; I have REBUILT the ruined places and REPLANTED that which was desolate. I AM THE LORD; I have spoken and I WILL DO IT."
Ezekiel 36:35-36

And likewise the cup after they has eaten, saying, "This cup that is POURED OUT for YOU is the
NEW COVENANT IN MY BLOOD."
Luke 22:20

"Such is the confidence that we have THROUGH CHRIST towards GOD. Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim ANYTHING as coming from us, but our SUFFICIENCY is from GOD, who made us competent to be ministers of the NEW COVENANT, not of the letter, but of the SPIRIT. For the letter KILLS, but the SPIRIT GIVES LIFE."
II Corinthians 3:4-6

"But as it is, Christ, has obtained a ministry that is much more EXCELLENT than the OLD COVENANT as the COVENANT HE MEDIATES is BETTER..."
Hebrews 8:6