Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Monday, February 7, 2011

The Decomposing of America's Musical Taste

I was gearing up to write a scathing post about the SuperBowl half-time show last night. But why repeat what almost everyone with the smallest grain of musical nuance has already fumed about - when I can just link you up to Weeklyscoop's opinion? Which as usual, is right on the button. So was the Washington Post's opinion.

So, with those links up there, let me add a few words of my own.

Last night's performance by the Black Eyed Peas was rotten and putrid in so many ways, it's not even worth listing them all. Not to mention that even guest appearances by Usher, Slash, and some strange Mad-Hatter character who rose up from the out of the stage, did nothing to boost them. The greatest display of talent in last night's halftime was how quickly the stage hands set up and took down the props and stage on and off the field. It was just another confirmation that the slow decomposing in the cess-pool of America's musical talents and tastes have reached an all-time low...

No comments: