Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saint Louis-du-Nord, Haiti, 2007

The first time I went to Haiti, in November of 2007, I didn't have a blog to share all of my pictures. Ironically, it is the one trip I have been on where I have taken the most pictures. So, I waded through all 700+ pictures and it brought back a flood of memories...


Haiti from the sky...Gonaives to be exact.


On the streets of Port-de-Paix


Be still my beating heart...Fafa and Gail


The morning crowd


Souri!!


Is it me, or is there some attitude in this picture? :)


My evening lessons in Haitian card games


My first Creole lesson


The streets of Saint Louis


I don't have any words for this picture..


In the school...




Berger, Haiti...the most beautiful place on earth



Photo op!


I remember her...her name is Bel...doesn't she live up to her name?


Hmm...if there is a way to manuver the big truck through this mudhole, Jakob will figure it out...and he did.


Poor baby


What can I say...I attract a crowd!


Market day


Crossing the river on the way to Roch Rond...and may I add that I never participated in the whole "line crossing"...it seemed to me if one went down, everyone went down.


Ayiti bel




This gentleman asked me to take a picture of his chickens. So I did. At least that's what my translator said that he said...


Rex in the dental clinic


Don and Company


Awww...Marie and Baba


Sprite!


The last night


Tortuga

Map vini, Ayiti

No comments: