Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Birthday, Christopher!

Yesterday my little brother turned 15! I can't believe it...

15 years ago, my sister and I stayed at my grandma's house the day after Christmas. It's because mommy was in the hospital having "the baby." Mommy and daddy didn't want to find out the gender of "the baby", but I knew it was a boy. When mommy and daddy told Jessica and I that we were going to have a new baby, we were outside on the back deck. We were so excited we jumped up and down until the deck shook and they made us stop. But I had always wanted a big brother, and since that was an impossibility, I knew I would get a little brother.

So we were playing the new board game, 'Sorry!' that we got for Christmas, on the floor of mamaw's living room, and everytime the phone rang, mamaw would jump up, thinking it was my daddy calling from the hospital. The next day, mommy and daddy and the baby were home. I remember pulling in the driveway, so excited to see if mommy wasn't fat anymore and to see the new baby...

Jessica and I raced into the door and there on the sofa sat mommy and daddy...and on the floor in a baby carrier was the baby.

Mom and Dad named him Christopher Gordon. His middle name is after daddy's name. His first name means "Christ-Bearer."

I am amazed on how Chris has grown up. I can't believe it's been 15 years. I am proud and grateful for the example of Christ he has become even at his young age, and the way he has grown in his faith. He is developing into a strong leader his younger (and older) siblings can look up to, and has a sense of discernment that goes beyond his age. And after years of worrying that he won't grow out of the white cowboy boots, purple cape, and Revolutionary hat stage - he has developed quite the sense of fashion. A result of having two older sisters and growing up listening to them talk about clothes. He is a hard worker and also very artistic. He loves music, photography, and building things.

I am grateful for my "little-big" brother. You make me laugh and you inspire me.

Thanks for getting me hooked on Jack Johnson. I should have listened to you months ago. ;)

I love you.

Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

ccox said...

oh. I'm that great,eh?

Emily said...

Well, you've come a long way from that wrinkled little peanut laying in that baby carrier...lol ;)