Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Friday, December 17, 2010

Waltz in Swing Time

Winter is a time for nostalgia.

When I was a younger I wanted to be an actress. (OK - well, I still do, I just have accepted that I am not) and dancing just went right along with that. I love dancing.

I've never danced, but I know I love it.

When I was younger I would dress up in heels and flowing skirt and go dance in our barn. Because it was big...lound...echo-y. I would imitate Ginger Rogers because I loved watching Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire movies. (Eek...actually, it doesn't seem that long ago.) They are really dumb, though. Really, really dumb. Because movie writers would have to write scripts around the song/dance acts and that resulted in stupid plots. I grew up watching those black-and-white, film noir,glamorous, artistic older movies. They have a special place in my heart.

I was thinking about some of those Rogers/Astaire movies with a nostalgic longing this week and thought about placing a hold on some of them throught the library. But then, I found the dance scenes on YouTube...and since those are the best parts...who needs the movies?

I mean, come on...who wouldn't want to be Ginger Rogers?


No comments: