Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Star Light, Star Bright

I got out of the car last night after getting home from a concert with my sister. It was dark, cold and frosty. I happened to look up and gasped. Not a cloud was in the sky, and stretched all across like a dazzling display of jewelry, was a starry sky. I even leaned against the car and stood staring for several minutes, even though it was icy cold.

I have to admit this - somehow the stars look even  more beautiful even the winter. I don't why...maybe, it's because the distant specks of light seem warm in the cold weather...but that's how my silly mind works.

Earlier yesterday I watched the latest Nasa rocket launch live on FoxNews. It's always a breathtaking display of what man has been able to accomplish through science. Later last night as I stared up at the sky, the cargo rocket had already completed it's three and a half hour journey of orbiting the Earth three times at 17,000 m.p.h., and crash landed in the Pacific ocean.

But when I see the stars and think about the One who put them there - all that man can do is blown away.

Stars are amazing to me because they have always been there. For thousands of years, men have stared up at the same stars, whose light has traveled billions of light years to reach us. These stars that you can stare at in the sky and somebody thousands of miles away can be looking. These same stars, who sing aloud their praise to God, and whose massiveness and energy and distance make us look like a speck in the cosmos...

"The heavens declare the glory of God and the firmament showeth His handiwork..." Psalm 19:1

Thank you, God, for Your beautiful stars. reminders of Your great Love.

:)

No comments: