Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Best is Yet to Come

My family has started attending a new Bible Study with BSF. I love it. We are studying the book of Isaiah, and this past week studied chapters 11 and 12.

And the best is yet to come.

The reality of Christ's return and His millennial reign, hit me full force, as I sat and listened to the lecture Monday night. Imagine a world at peace. Imagine a world FILLED with the knowledge of God, as the waters cover the sea. Imagine the world ruled by One who is perfectly just and perfectly merciful. Imagine raising your children in a world where there is no danger or threat of nature. Imagine a world in unity, because we are all filled with the knowledge of the TRUTH. The peace and security that come from the Prince of Peace alone will once again be restored when He returns, and ALL resent anxiety, worry, fear and confusion will be gone, gone, gone.

It's hard to believe sometimes that it will happen. It is true...and He is coming again to set up His kingdom on Earth. Oh, can you imagine? Peace and harmony will be the order of the day. So many people long for that. Peace and unity. But they look for utopia in the wrong direction.

Imagine a world filled with the praises of God. Imagine, imagine, imagine....because it's true! I love Isaiah 12, and I memorized it as a young girl. But I got a whole new perspective when I saw that this would be the cry of an entire world, saved from God's wrath and rescued by His salvation. I have been in many different kinds of worship settings. Whenever I imagine the millions from every kindred and nation and tongue under the sun, gathered around the Throne in worshipful praise I get goosebumps from the wonderment and excitement of it. But imagine those praises from every nation - here, on Earth. (And when the Haitians arrive, I can guarantee it will get loud!)

I love the analogy of salvation as water. A deep, deep well - meeting out every need, vital to our existence. Available to everyone, and never running dry. I love the fact, that when we are filled with His salvation, we are overflowing with JOY - and made into a channel of His water, to touch the lives around us.

Isaiah 41:17-18, says - "When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue fails for thirst, I the LORD will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water."

Back in the year, 2005, I put a note in the margin of my Bible, beside that verse: "O Lord, make me a pool, a well in a dry land!" And what a blessing to know that God answers prayers of those who desire to serve Him - how I had no idea what I was asking God - but how gracious He was in preparing me.

Anyone can be a pool of His water in a dry land. We can be filled with His Spirit and be poured out in His service, wherever He puts us. We can be pools of peace and joy, heralding the time that is coming. We can prepare and look ahead to when Christ WILL return.

Let us not be weary in well-doing.

I love this video! This past weekend in a "random act of culture", the Philadelphia Opera Chorale, performed Handel's 'Halalujah Chorus', in the upper balcony of a giant Macy's, on some unsuspecting shoppers. The shoppers were stunned, but everyone dropped what they were doing to listen to the song - and were enthralled.

Imagine the whole world bursting into songs praises, just like this, one day - "King of Kings and Lord of Lords!"

No comments: