Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Why the Lord is the Perfect Husband

I found these notes from a silly, personal Bible study I had written a while ago. It emphasizes why God's characteristics are the embodiment of what most women would call the perfect man. Unfortunately, no man is perfect. It is almost ridiculous to expect this kind of romantic or moral perfection from anyone, outside of the power of Christ in them. All of us, are 100% sinners. So, to find one's satisfaction and completeness in the Holy God who created marriage - is very liberating. For years, I would feel sorry for myself because I didn't have anyone in my life. No prospective husband, who would love me like a lover - as every woman wants to be loved. By God's gracious Spirit, He revealed to me His purpose of marriage, as laid out in His Word. It was a truth I had always known, but it hit me very hard when I realized - "Marriage is the shadow and picture of His love...I am already living the real thing!"

- God loves me constantly, faithfully, completely and unconditionally - deeper than I can imagine, despite my thousands of faults. (Jeremiah 31:3; John 3:16; I John 1:9; I John 4:10)

- God worked very hard and suffered long to pursue and win me. He with held nothing to pay the price, even His own life. (John 3:16; John 15:13; Ephesians 5:25-27)

- God gives me freely what I ask from Him - even the desires of my heart. (Psalm 37:3-5; Matthew 7:7-11)

- He never asks the impossible from me. He knows what I am capable of and what my limits are - He always carries the heavy things. (Psalm 18:32; Psalm 27:1; Psalm 118:14; Matthew 11:28-30; Colossians 1:11)

- God never leaves me hungry or thirsty. He satisfies me and provides for me. (Psalm 103:5; Psalm 145:16; Matthew 6:25)

- I never have to fear that He will leave me or forsake me. His faithfulness is part of His nature - He cannot! (Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 27:10; Psalm 36:5; Hosea 2:19-20; Hebrews 13:5)

- He understands me like no other. God knows everything about me that constitutes my personality and desires - and He rejoices over me. (Psalm 139:1-6; Colossians 1:16; Revelation 4:11)

- God is Jealous over me. He fiercely protects me. He will do whatever necessary to win me back from other idols and lovers. (Exodus 20:5; Exodus 34:14; Hosea 2:6-7)

- He will always listen to me - in fact, He wants to hear me. (Psalm 121:4; Psalm 62:8)

- God knows the best ways to rebuke me, chasten me or get my attentions. He never tries to purposely hurt me - only acts out of love. (Hebrews 12:6; Revelation 3:19)

- He loves children! (Matthew 18:1-6)

- He always want to hold my hand. (Psalm 139:10; Isaiah 41:13; Isaiah 42:6)

- He knows how to make me laugh. (Nehemiah 8:10; Psalm 66:1; John 15:11)

- He knows exactly how to encourage me. (Psalm 103:13-14)

- God deeply appreciates beauty. He desires to enhance my beauty He has given me. He loves to look at me. (Song of Solomon 4:7,9; Song of Solomon 6:10; Ephesians 4:15)

- My Warrior God is a strong leader. I don't ever need question His authority. I know He is right! (Joshua 1:9; John 1:1-3; Colossians 1:16-19; Revelation 1:8)

- I am constantly on His mind. (Psalm 139:17-18; Jeremiah 29:11)

- God delights in me - just as I am! (Psalm 45:11, 13)

- He cherishes me by desiring to advance me - my intellect, knowledge, talents, abilities, good works, and beauty. (Psalm 18:32-36; Song of Solomon 4:12; Ephesians 4:15; Philippians 1:11; Colossians 2:6-7)

- He desires to be with me - He wants intimacy. (Song of Solomon 2:4, 10-12)

- God is working hard to prepare me a place - and when it is ready He will come for His bride, take me home where we will live - joyfully ever after! (John 14:1-4)


"Love so Amazing, so Divine - demands my Life, my Soul, my ALL!"

No comments: