Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Monday, November 8, 2010

To Carly

Dear Carly,

One year ago today, you went home to be with Jesus. I know there is no time where you are, but it seems to pass so quickly down here. It is a beautiful day today. Everything is a golden brown, and the sun is so warm in a bright, blue sky. It is not a day for grief, but for rejoicing. I have been so blessed to know your family, and I am glad I got to see and spend time with you, before Jesus took you back.

I stopped by your grave today. I love the verse that your Mommy and Daddy chose to put on your headstone:
"I have glorified Thee on earth: I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do." John 17:4
Your life truly glorified God, in your short twelve years on earth. Every time I think of you, your story reminds me of the beauty, sanctity and value of human life. And how much more effort we need to do, to invest and save many other precious lives. Although you did not speak a word or walk a step your entire life - you did more evangelizing than most Christians! Because of you, your Mommy and Daddy know Jesus - and many, many more have given Him glory! It is such a sorry, ugly place down here. Many people would have looked at you as a burden to society. They think it would have been better if you had died as a baby. But they are ignorant, and do not know the truth. God puts high value on innocence. And you were made in the image of an Almighty God. He has made you perfect in His time, just as He promised to do! The only thing that hasn't changed about you, I am sure, is your beautiful smile.

I know your Mommy misses you very much. I have seen her tears, pretty girl, and I know you have too. The grief is very near. But we all know you are far, far better where you are, then you were on this earth. We all miss you and share your family's pain of losing you, just as we are called to do as the body of Christ.

Won't it be wonderful, when we can all share in the joy of that Heavenly Reunion?

Live joyfully, Carly T. You are with Jesus now.

No comments: