Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Fellowship of the Unashamed

"I am part of the fellowship of the UNASHAMED.

The die has been cast.
I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made.

I am a disciple of JESUS CHRIST.

I won't look back...
let up...
slow down...
back away...
or be still.

My past is REDEEMED.
My future is SECURE.
My present makes SENSE.

I am done and finished with low living...
sight walking...
small planning...
smooth knees...
colorless dreams...
tamed vision...
mundane talking...
low living...
and dwarfed goals.

I no longer need...
prosperity
   prominance
position
promotions
plaudits
or popularity.

I don't have to be right, or first, or tops, or recognized, or praised, or rewarded.

I live by faith, lean on His presence, walk by patience, lift by prayers and labor by the Holy Spirit's power.

My face is set. My gait is fast. My goal is heaven. My road is narrow; my way is rough; my companions few; my Guide is reliable and my mission is clear.

I will not be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, turned back, deluded or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice nor hesitate in the presence of the adversary.

I will not negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I won't...
give up
let up
or shut up

Until I have...
stayed up
stored up
and prayed up

For the cause of JESUS CHRIST.

I must give till I drop, preach until ALL know, and work until He comes.

And when He does come for His own, He will have no trouble recognizing me...

Because my banner will have been clear!"

Last written words of a Rwandan martyr, 1980 

No comments: