Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

For Troubled Hearts

"For troubles hearts we pray.
The grievousness of war
Has driven JOY away,
And sun, and moon, and star.

Console the sore distressed,
The wounded bound in pain,
The broken, for whom rest
May never be again.

Like bells at evening time
Let words of healing come,
Till, led by that clear chime,
They find themselves at Home."

- Amy Carmichael

An inexplicable uneasiness throws a shadow across my mind and spirit today - and has been growing stronger. Different burdens I received this past week, from different revelations of how the Enemy is at work within the Church, and among so-called Christians, planted this dark seed - which has quickly bloomed. Reminders of unconfessed sin are forefront on my heart, but a dark pain threatens from another source...and I wonder what it means. What is the Enemy about? What is this the eve of? Who is in the thick of spiritual battle out there, and it desperate for allies in prayer? Why the resistance in me at the thought of prayer? What are all these lessons and information I have learned this week building to? What will the Great Vanquisher accomplish through this and how can I give Him the glory?

Will you join me in prayer?

"Do not be grieved, for the JOY of the LORD is your STRENGTH." Nehemiah 8:10b

"Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you, when my HEART is faint. Lead me to the ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I." Psalm 61:1-2

"REJOICE ALWAYS, PRAY WITHOUT CEASING, give THANKS in ALL circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus FOR YOU." I Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Finally, be STRONG in the LORD and the POWER OF HIS MIGHT." Ephesians 6:10

"May you be STRENGTHENED with ALL POWER, according to His GLORIOUS MIGHT, with ALL endurance, and patience with JOY, giving THANKS to the Father, who has qualified YOU to share in the INHERITANCE OF THE SAINTS IN LIGHT. He has DELIVERED us from the domain of Darkness and TRANSFERRED us to the Kingdom of His Beloved Son, in whom we have REDEMPTION, THE FORGIVENESS OF SINS." Colossians 1:11-14


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be STRONG AND COURAGEOUS. PRAY FOR YOU ...