Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Heart Leaps Up!

After taking stock of all the good and bad things in my life and trying to write them all down on this blog - I just keep remembering more and more I could add - (Sitting on my favorite pair of sunglasses: not cool!). But adding and re-editing my blog to make room for more complaints is kind of...tacky. I know it's better to have more reserve. But adding a wonderful thing I remembered is fine, right?
I'm starting to get a little sick of winter. So is everyone around me. I'm tired of waking up everyday to a stale, glowing, gray sky and a muddy, dirty, snow-covered landscape as far as the eye can see, not to mention the cold. I'm doing my absolute best, but I'm starting to feel a little, SAD. But, coming home from work last week with my sister, I looked up over the stark, skeletal trees of the forest, and saw a rainbow glowing in the pearly gray sky. It was faint, but it was a burst of color and so beautiful. I have never, ever seen a rainbow in the winter.

It was a gift.


My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky.
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

- William Wordworth

Happy Tuesday night!

No comments: