Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Grobot"

If you've ever find it worth your while to scroll the music I have annoyingly blaring from my playlist below, you might have discovered that I slipped some Josh Groban in there.

OK - so he's not really a classical artist, but his music is painfully beautiful, and for all other's opinions, he really does have a glorious voice.

Poor Josh.

I hardly ever hear much about him anymore...in fact, he's one of the few celebrities I have never, ever seen or heard any news about. No drug arrests, no illicit affairs, no D.U.I, no restraining orders...just fundraisers for African orphanages and various international concerts. He seems to be one of the few celebrities who is...normal. I remember back in about six years ago, when the "Josh Groban craze" hit the small and sheltered group of teenagers from church, who were the only people I hung around with. To be a Josh Groban fan, was then to me, daring and intense. Groups of guys even tried to imitate his style while singing at church, earning the nickname my dad dubbed them: "Grobots." Get it? Mindless, mechanized followers of Josh Groban? (Darn! I used an alliteration. I'm not fond of them. They are too overused. In fact in most instances, I find alliterations cheap, cheesy, and chintzy.)

Anyway, I don't hear much about Josh Groban from the mainstream media, nor from any of that group of people. I guess he's just not cool, or hip to young people anymore. I mean, who wants to listen to Josh Groban, when there's Lady Gaga?

Well, I still like him. His songs, to me, bring back streams of fragrant nostalgia. He came out with a new album just two months ago...I need to listen to it. Because I think he's still retained his talent. :)

Here's an old video...awww...this song was from his first album. (2001)




Don't  you love music? I can't imagine a life without it! Only the God of sunsets and waterfalls could have created music...thank Him that He did!



No comments: