Pages

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He hath clothed me with the garments of SALVATION, He hath covered me with the garments of RIGHTEOUSNESS, as bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with jewels. For as the earth bringeth forth her bud, and as the GARDEN causeth the things that are sown in it to SPRING FORTH, so the Lord GOD will cause RIGHTEOUSNESS and PRAISE to spring forth before ALL NATIONS."

Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Anna!

So one of the beeeest thing every new year brings, is my precious, beautiful sister's birthday. And this year was special because she reached double-digits. Ten years old!



Sometimes I wonder what my life was like before my two youngest siblings were born.

They both bring quite a lot of joy and...interest to my life. Anna, especially, amazes me almost everyday.

She is a typical little girl in that she adores everything beautiful - clothes, make-up and fingernail polish. She loves to try on our clothes, comment on our clothes, and watch us put our make-up on, and comment on our make-up. Because she shares a bedroom with two older sisters, she has an amazing quickness of tongue and can hold her own in an argument even if her logic is flawed. She loves to laugh and make people laugh, and it a natural comedienne. And sometimes she says things that she doesn't even mean to be funny. The other day, she came stomping upstairs, upset about the teasing she had just gotten from her older brother...

"WHY did God make Adam?" She huffed. "WHY didn't he make them ALL Eves? I don't like MEN...the only man I like is Jesus...(silence)...and Daddy...(silence)...and Grandpa...and all the other men - but not the rest of them!"

Another winner...

"Living is hard."

But for all her drama...Anna has a very tender heart. She hates to see anyone or anything suffer. She can't even listen to sad music because it makes her cry. She loves people and animals. She is mercy, and it is a gift from God that He is going to use greatly through her. She loves to serve, and will often make our beds, pick-up our clothes, wash dishes and do anything that needs to be done, because it makes her feel "grown-up".  She is wildly artistic...she loves to draw, play piano, sing, knit - even write books! Anything that involves creating, she can do it.

I love my little (now getting bigger) sissy, and I pray all the time that God would make me a better sister. I can't wait to see how God uses her!!

I love you Anna!

No comments: